Monday, August 6, 2012

An Additional Gift

I just got a bonus gift today. (If you have not read my last entry Everyday is a Gift, I urge you to do so.  Now.  Then come back here right away.)

Recently, I have been hyped up by learning about the "Lesson Study" that I would like to share with our staff in school.  Spending several hours, I collected numerous resources such as written articles, videos, photos, names of schools, and contact information for some college professors and other professionals. I believed that my hard work will be paid off when I present the friendly and easy-to-understand format.  I woke my computer up this morning.  The document was nowhere. 

Here is a conversation between my middle school son and me.

Claire: "Oh, man, I lost my document in which I typed all important notes and phrases from several articles!  I don't know what I should do?" (Pulling my hair)
Son: (with very calm voice, surprisingly.  Note:  His regular nature is very noisy, chatty, somewhat argumentative.) "How long did it take you to complete your task?"
C: "One hour." (Thinking, why do you have to as such an idiotic question?)
S: "Then you just have to spend another hour to re-do it as long as you saved the original resources.  One hour is not forever.  You will be done before you know it."
C: "Clever!  I have originals that are marked 'Done'."
S: "It's even better!  In this time around, you can scratch off 'done' as you are done."

Who did I expect demonstrate to understand of impeccable "Flip Psychology"?  I am so proud of my very own son showing appreciation for his gift.  His effort of being positive sounded so natural. Life is short.  Everyday is a gift. On my lucky day, I got an extra gift thanks to my son's wisdom.  I have to go back to my box to dig my papers to restart my document.  I have no time to whine.





No comments:

Post a Comment